Friday 12 April 2013

It's getting old, isn't it...

... this whole thing with me disappearing for long stretches of time, but I have been insanely busy, this whole thing about jumping from country to country is a pain in the neck even in Europe, now if you add California to the mix and trying to adjust to an 8 hour time difference (doing well though, 1st morning I was up at 4 am local time after 4 hours of sleep as my body was convinced it's morning, 2nd day I wake up at 7 am and only mildly dizzy).

For the comedy value of it, I could pretend to grovel for forgiveness, but to be honest, when parents and friends are going through health crisises and work beckons, blogging somehow just gets a bit less important.

Anyway, loading up with coffee while looking at the pool, spare some pity for me, because I am looking quite forward to my morning swim, ahhh how I missed that...

2 comments:

  1. A morning swim sounds nice. Nice to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been crazy busy... Had a trip to the ER, anxiety attack (never had one before, thought I was going to die, it's like an asthma attack times 10) but it was a blessing in disguise, they found out that I have a vitamin D deficiency - according to the doc, they couldn't find a trace of it in my body. Been taking 5000 units a day, now down to 4K a day and the difference is amazing. Got my energy back, first dropped 15 lbs without trying, then put 5 lbs back on but kept getting thinner so I must have built up muscle. The only thing that really does piss me off is that I'm a size 2, will fit into a O at a pinch (bit uncomfy) but I still don't look as delicate as all the models - well, I guess they are also 5'10 and I'm 5'5 but those damned boobs just always make me appear chunky. Apart from that, WOW, I feel great...

      Delete